Now that we have broken ground on Lakeside at Waterman Village, the excitement for this brand-new neighborhood hits an all-time high with each new day that passes. And as easy as it is to get caught up in all the construction updates and new photos and videos emerging each week, it’s important to reassure anyone looking for a retirement community in Florida that it’s not just where we’re going with Lakeside at Waterman Village, but also where we’ve been.
This neighborhood is an extension of a trusted, not-for-profit organization that has been serving seniors for more than 30 years. It’s being built around Lake Margaret on the rock-solid reputation of Waterman Village Communities. Members of the current Waterman Village community have attested to this reputation over and over again, and here are just a few ways that they’ve expressed how Waterman Village has proven itself as a stellar choice for retirement in Mount Dora.
Residents reflect on what sets Waterman Village apart
Whether it’s a restaurant, mechanic or retirement community in Florida like Waterman Village, the tried-and-true method to get an honest evaluation is to ask someone who has experienced it. So, we asked members of the current Waterman Village community for their thoughts, and they shared—a lot. See below for yourself and see their testimonials in full (plus videos) on our testimonials page!
- “After visiting many places, we decided on Waterman as our future permanent home. What brought us here is the friendliness of the staff, the tree-lined neighborhood atmosphere, the professionally run community, the many amenities, and the fact that we can get part of the entrance fee back. So happy we chose Waterman!” – Richard and Jean
- “We did much online research and physical looking at retirement communities. We had lived in Orlando for 21 years and we came to love the atmosphere of Mount Dora. We wanted to make a move while we’re still young and able to live independently, and we feel very comfortable knowing progressive care is available should one of us need it. The community is top-notch in all departments.” – Jack and Valerie
- “We were living in a 55+ community just outside Leesburg. The more we talked about it, the more we liked the idea of a simpler life, a maintenance-free home, having care nearby if needed, the ability to travel with greater ease, and peace of mind for our children. The more we looked; the more Waterman felt like home to us. Of course, Mount Dora was a draw as well. Our children were surprised, supportive and delighted for us when they learned of our decision to make ‘the big move.’” – Ron and Susan
Social proof: Waterman Village scores well on Facebook, too
Those who have connected with us on Facebook—on either our Waterman Village page or the new Lakeside at Waterman Village page—know that it’s a great place to see what’s happening at our friendly spot in Mount Dora. Facebook is also a great place to see what people think about a place or service, and the feedback on Facebook further reflects our standing as a top choice for retirement near Orlando. Take a look!
- From Raoul: “Heaven on earth! Staff and residents all friendly and happy!”
- From Jean: “We’ve been blessed to be in this community of caring staff and nice neighbors for 3 months. So happy we found it. A good place to live out your senior years.”
- From Stan: “We love it here. And our children love that we are here as well.”
For those not on Facebook, you’ll also find positive Google reviews about us, such as:
- From Courtland: “We have lived at Waterman Village Independent living and our life is marvelous. Anything and everything we need is promptly taken care of. Food is better than a gourmet restaurant. I thank God daily for bringing us to Waterman Village.”
- From Pam: “Offers all the amenities seniors ever could want or need.”
The best gets even better with Lakeside at Waterman Village
Before it’s even built, people are already excited about how Lakeside at Waterman Village will reinforce our excellent reputation in the Orlando area as our brand-new neighborhood. While construction progresses and the Founding Members of the expansion get to know their future neighbors with exclusive events, choose the customizations for their new homes and get special sneak peeks at all the amenities, many have also reflected on why they made such a proactive choice. Here’s what a couple of them had to say.
- “We like what we saw at the existing Waterman Village community. We will stay active in our retirement, and we like knowing that we’ll have access to opportunities for fitness and wellness with what’s already there. Plus, we’re excited to see the new amenities that the expansion will bring. We really like the proximity to the water and the lake.” – Founding Members Nancy and Donald Conti
- “Waterman Village always puts the residents first. Management is superb. When I take people through on tours, current residents will approach me and make it a point to share how well they’re treated. We’re very pleased with our decision.” – Bonnie Koester (a current Waterman Village team member and Lakeside at Waterman Village Founding Member)
Now that you have seen and heard what many members of our community—current and future—have had to say about us, isn’t it time to experience it all for yourself? Our Lakeside Information Center is open for personalized, private and COVID-careful appointments, so you can schedule a tour with our friendly team today. You’ll also get a firsthand look at the exciting construction happening on Lakeside at Waterman Village! To request an appointment, simply click here or call 352-385-1120 today.